Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Roundabout Card Kit by Studio Calico...

Hi everyone! How was your Memorial Day weekend? We had a nice time with my parents who came to visit and see our new place. Did some sight-seeing around Colorado and one day they helped us get our yard in shape a bit...our home had renters the past 5 years before we purchased it and it needed some TLC outside. We tore out 4 or 5 big shrubs that were dead and just trimmed a few trees and plants in the beds around our deck - looks much better now! It was so nice to see my family again. After sight-seeing during the day, we played cards at night (one of our favorite things to do together) and laughed and laughed! I really needed a good dose of my family, so good for the soul. :) I'm so happy to be closer to them.

Popping in to share my Studio Calico cards from their June Card Kit called Roundabout. These are made with only the main card kit, no add ons. I was only able to make 4 this time....made them all in one day actually. My kit accidentally went to New York and then to another town in Colorado, so I ended up with one day to get them finished before my family came. I hope they aren't TOO simple? Simple is good sometimes too, right?

This card was stamped with the "me" and "you" from the kit! Made my own little banner shape from the cardstock by trimming up the center with scissors and then trimming to each corner, a quick way to make your own banner shapes.

Another stamped card here. This time I stamped the background, the center medallion and the  heart.

Loved the stamps in the kit this month, the cursive font is right up my alley. The aqua is Aqua Mist ink by Papertrey Ink, also used Pure Poppy (red) and Summer Sunrise (orange).

The gray card is so colorful and cute in real life - sorry for the bad photos. I trimmed a piece of the chevron paper down to an arrow and added some pink stamped hearts and some stamped sentiments. I used Sweet Blush and Summer Sunrise inks by Papertrey Ink.
Here's a little better pic, you can see how pretty the colors are from the kit papers.

One more simple one, stamped the top with the "hello" stamp in Harvest Gold ink by Papertrey Ink to match the little "hi" embellie!


Ok, that's it for me today! I haven't set up my scrapbook space yet, but the girls will be done with school in 1 1/2 days, so I hope to get more time to work on it soon! Can't wait for sleeping in and no schedule again...plus that means more crafting time for me. Hee. Have a good day!



4 comments:

Mel said...

So happy for you!! It's always nice to see family and I'm glad you are closer to them now:) Beautiful cards as always!

Suzanne Russell said...

Thanks for the design inspiration. I always enjoy seeing your take on new supplies. Roundabout will be my first card kit ever. I have been a die hard PTI fan and needed to branch out a bit.
Congrats on your new home. We love to visit our son in Colorado, especially in the summer to escape the brutal heat here in Arkansas!

victoria h said...

great cards - these card kits look tempting! Glad you had a fab weekend. We love to play cards on holidays too.

Leigh Penner said...

These are all wonderful, Danielle!